C521 - Flood Alleviation Works in Llanrwst, North Wales.

Client
Conwy County Borough Council

Project
Major Flood Relief Scheme for the town of Llanrwst, on the banks of the River Conwy.

Description

grant funding from the welsh assembly governments protection fund

Homes and businesses in Llanrwst have suffered from flooding a number of times over recent years so this scheme was to help reduce the likelihood of flooding to 60 properties during heavy rainfall.

Flow control, storage and diversion from the Afon Bach to the Afon Conwy. Improvements to ex channels, new throttle & diversion structure with trash screen, construction of flood retaining walls & bund to retain ponded flood water to 16m AOD. Construction of 1800mm ID flow diversion & storage pipework & outfall structure to the Afon Conwy. Open-cut in field, highway & crossing of railway and 3 tunnelled sections, 2 in narrow residential roads and the crossing of main A470 road. Construction of 600mm ID connection from un-named tributary to new 1800mm outfall pipe.

Overall the scheme was worth 3.2m. 85% grant funding was obtained from the Welsh Assembly Governments Protection Fund with the remaining 15% funded from Conwy County Borough Council's Capital Programme.

 

 

Study Project Date  
C625 - Mini Hydro Electricity Scheme in Bainbridge, North Yorkshire 01/02/2011
C609 - A6018 Stamford Street Stalybridge, Retaining Walls Strengthening 01/10/2010
C521 - Flood Alleviation Works in Llanrwst, North Wales. 01/09/2009
C490 - Manchester University, Lime Grove Courtyard 01/11/2006
C453 - Bootle Town Centre Phase 2, Oriel Road Area Improvements 01/04/2006

By using this site you are consenting to our use of cookies

Menu